Re: Bug #647552 - Where to start

http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gcc-4.6.html (see VCS tag)

> If I come up with a patch, where do I send it? It would apply against
> gcc 4.6 and 4.7 for sure, but it'd probably be needed upstream too. Am I
> responsible for getting it upstream or is a maintainer?

If the bug is in upstream, you are welcome to provide the patch both in
the Debian bug report and in upstream bug tracker. But for Debian to
quickly apply your patch the former is necessary. If you submit
upstream, please tag the bug as forwarded-upstream with the correct url. [2]

> Finally, assuming the patch is accepted by the Debian
> maintainers/developers, what are the next steps to getting it turned
> into a package that is distributed?

The maintainer will take care of it. For RC bugs (not currently the case
for your bug), you could ask other developers (via this list) to upload
a NMU, which you could prepare.

Paul

[2] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#tag