lib32foo?

Hey all. I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a
minor need for libasound2-plugins as a 32-bit library built for amd64. So,
it'd be lib32asound2-plugins. lib32asound2 exists, but not -plugins. Can
someone point me to discussion of how these lib32 equivalents are build? Not
finding anything myself as yet.

Is there a document somewhere talking about how folks build these 32-bit
packages for amd64, as opposed to building an i386 package that's installed
via multiarch?

Thanks!

--
  Mason Loring Bliss      mason@blisses.org       I m m a n e n t i z e