xlife

Dear mentors,
please help.  I'm trying to reburn xlife package - <http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xlife.html>.  I've made new version of xlife, got approval from its last developer - <http://www.catb.org/esr/software.html>, update LifeWiki page - <http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Xlife>, registered XLife projects at <http://freecode.com/projects/xlife>.
What do I have to do next?  Should I update old Debian package or create new?  The codes of new version of xlife and old (5.0) became very different.  So diff-patch will contain almost all new version lines.
Please say me what tools should be used for the each next step.

Yours sincerely,
 Vladimir Lidovski, Vol.Litwr