Re: gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg at mentors

On 10/02/2012 05:44 PM, Bart Martens wrote:
Hi Guo,

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 04:59:24PM +0800, Guo Yixuan wrote:
On 09/30/2012 03:44 AM, Bart Martens wrote:
I had a look at gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg at mentors uploaded there on 2012-09-28
16:30.

I see that you added yourself to Uploaders.  Was this agreed with Nikita V.
Youshchenko ?

I explained this on my previous reply.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-origtargz
"Detailed information on how the repackaged source was obtained, and on how
this can be reproduced should be provided in debian/copyright."

I'll update this package to have a get-orig-source target, and a
similiar packaging style to gcc-4.6-doc/gcc-4.7-doc. Is this enough
to meet this requirement?

If you mention the existence of the get-orig-source target in debian/copyright
then this requirement is, in my opinion, sufficiently met.

Fixed in last upload.

I see more changes to the Debian packaging than mentioned in debian/changelog.

Did you mean some changes in debian/ directory? If so, could you be
more specific about the changes?

One example is that debian/patches/from-debian-gcc-gold-and-ld-doc.diff was
added.  To see all changes please use debdiff to compare the source packages.

OK, I added them to changelog.

Regards,

Guo Yixuan