Re: Help with patching PackageKit for *BSD

> Hi!
> I don't think this is the right place to request this help, but I
> don't know a better one at time... (RFH seems to be too "big")
> The problem is the following: PackageKit (Debian package
> "src:packagekit") recently became Linux-specific by accident, and I
> need someone who knows *BSD/portable-programming better than I do to
> make it compile on *BSD again.
> The problem is this code:
> http://gitorious.org/packagekit/packagekit/blobs/master/lib/packagekit-glib2/pk-spawn-polkit-agent.c
> On *BSD I get:
> pk-spawn-polkit-agent.c:24:23: fatal error: sys/prctl.h: No such file
> or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[5]: *** [libpackagekit_glib2_la-pk-spawn-polkit-agent.lo] Error 1

[...]

Well, the use of prctl is inherently unportable. So instead of having the forked
agent set up a signal in case of death of the parent, install a proper signal
handler right in the parent's code that kills all forked agents (so keep a
container containing all agent pids) upon reception of a signal.

Hope this helps,
Michael