Re: RFS: unix-privesc-check

On Friday 24 Jun 2011 20:56:06 Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Four months later ...
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "unix-privesc-check".
> >
> > * Package name    : unix-privesc-check
> >
> >   Version         : 1.4-1
> >
> > * URL             : http://pentestmonkey.net/tools/unix-privesc-check
> > * License         : GPL-2
> >
> >   Section         : utils
>
> [...]
>
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> I'd be willing to upload, but there are a few things I'd like to see
> clarified/resolved first:
>
> - Versioning: above, you claim it's version 1.4-1, then your package on
>   mentors.d.n has 0~r25 and the script itself says "1.6". I'm confused...
> - What about the license? Has upstream meanwhile removed the legal-use-only
>   restriction?
> - The package ships unix-privesc-check.1 via a patch. This seems
> unintentional. - A watch file would be desirable. But that requires
> cleaning up the version mess :-)

Following this up many moons later.  The version of unix-privesc-check now
available in trunk on code.google.com is entirely my own work and I am happy
to release it as GPL v2 without restriction.

All subsequent releases will be from this 2.x branch or later and will not
have the noted restriction.

If anyone is interested in packaging this, we're now at the point where this
would be possible without needing to place it into non-free.

Tim
--
Tim Brown
<mailto:debian@machine.org.uk>