Architecture-independent packages with missing build-dependencies on some architectures

Dear mentors,

I maintain the wine-gecko package (wine-gecko-1.4), which is in an
interesting situation because its build-dependencies can't be satisfied on all
architectures, but it builds an "Architecture: all" package. Something
similar was discussed in March, and as I understand it the consensus was that
this isn't a problem, and when the buildds start rebuilding
architecture-independent packages the "Build-Architecture" control field will
allow us to specify where packages should be built.

I'm wondering what to do about http://bugs.debian.org/684844 - an RC bug
filed because wine-gecko FTBFS on amd64 (which is missing one of the
build-dependencies, wine-bin). I've uploaded a fix to experimental, but it
seems ugly to me: I made the package "Architecture: any", so it only builds
on architectures with the full build-dependency set. This still meets the
requirements on the package, but means multiple buildds spend time building
the same thing...

Should I just mark the bug "wontfix" with an explanation? Or should I keep my
"fix"?

Incidentally, the "Build-Architecture" field doesn't seem to me to really
solve this issue either; using it in this instance would mean I'd have to do
sourceful uploads of wine-gecko whevener the availability of wine-bin changed!

Thanks in advance,

Stephen