Re: New Maintainer Question: Upgrade to Sid?

Sounds like a good idea. Which (pbuilder or cowbuilder) would you recommend?

Eric

On 9/18/2012 12:13 PM, Michael Shuler wrote:
On 09/18/2012 01:33 PM, Eric wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm a new maintainer taking over the maintenance of an existing package.
I have a question about the computer on which I'm creating the package.
Should I upgrade it to sid or leave it at stable?
I run unstable on my daily-use laptop, but I still do not build packages
for uploade directly on the machine I'm using, since over time, I may
install software from experimental, third parties, etc.

I use pbuilder to build packages in a clean minimal sid chroot
(cowbuilder is another well used tool). This has many advantages such as
build dependency checking, automated package signing, and more. You can
also use the chroot for installation QA and other things.