Braga, Bruno
www.brunobraga.net
bruno.braga@gmail.com

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Gergely Nagy <algernon@balabit.hu> wrote:
"BRAGA, Bruno" <bruno.braga@gmail.com> writes:

> The "hack" I am doing to get this working is to basically to alter the main
> package bash_completion file, which is created with a variable prepared to
> be tempered with by plugin installations:

> opts="option1 ... optionN"
> plugin_opts=

Would it not be better if you did something like:

for f in /etc/somewhere/else.d/*.completion; do
    . $f
done

Where files in /etc/somewhere/else.d/ would be like this:

plugin_opts="$plugin_opts option-plugin1"

That way, plugins could drop a file in said dir, and the bash completion
would pick it up, hopefully, and you don't have to modify any file from
another package (which would be a horrible thing to do anyway).