Re: Interaction between m.d.n. and Ubuntu

On 07/09/12 20:32, Boris Pek wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Unfortunately your package "..." was rejected because of the following
>> reason:
>>
>> You are not uploading to one of those Debian distributions: oldstable stable
>> unstable experimental stable-backports oldstable-backports oldstable-backports-sloppy
>> oldstable-security stable-security testing-security stable-proposed-updates
>> testing-proposed-updates sid wheezy squeeze lenny squeeze-backports lenny-backports
>> lenny-security lenny-backports-sloppy lenny-volatile squeeze-security squeeze-updates
>> wheezy-security unreleased
>>
>> Please try to fix it and re-upload. Thanks,
>
> How about adding Ubuntu names to the list? It can be useful.
>
> For example, I need to upload updated package with Ubuntu-specific patch.
> This package will be uploaded into Ubuntu by avoiding Debian archive.

Ubuntu sponsorship can be done in two ways:

1) Open a bug, attach debdiff subscribe ~ubuntu-sponsors team
2) Branch lp:ubuntu/package, commit changes, push to back to
lp:~/ubuntu/package/series/fix-for-bla, create merge proposal back into
lp:ubuntu/package.

In either case they end up in the sponsorship queue:

http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/

Which has been growing a bit, due to freeze.

Branches are nice, since they can have pristine-tar deltas in them ;-)

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.