Re: Interaction between m.d.n. and Ubuntu

On 2012-09-07 22:57:09 +0300 (+0300), Boris Pek wrote:
[...]
> I usually maintain packages for Debian. But now faced with necessary
> to do Ubuntu-specific update. And usual way of exchanging files is
> not working.

In the past when I've been in that situation, I just open a bug in
Launchpad against Ubuntu's version of my package and include a patch
for them to apply. Pointing the bug to an Ubuntu-specific branch on
your public revision control might be even niftier (if you're
maintaining one). I've never investigated the Ubuntu equivalent of
Debian's mentoring/sponsoring processes (or at least can't remember
how it works), but I think there are some dual Debian/Ubuntu devs on
this list who could chime in.

> Could you suggest any free hosting where I can put source package
> files and they will be available using dget?

Unfortunately no, I usually just serve them off my home Internet
connection when I need to do that, but I'm also a sysadmin by trade.
I guess you don't have a personal Web site you could drop those
files on temporarily? AFAIK, dget doesn't need any fancy
repository... just drop the .dsc and tarballs/diffs for your source
package in the same path together.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);