How to write a machine-readable debian/copyright file?

Hi everybody,
I began to study the machine-readable debian/copyright file format [1],
with the plan to adopt it for my (current and future) packages.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

I have a question, though.

I can write a debian/copyright file by hand for small (and more or less
uniform, license-wise) packages.

But what if I have a source archive with about 12000 files having a
number of different licenses and/or copyright holders/years?

  $ licensecheck --verbose -r . | view -

helps somewhat, but I will grow old before I find the time to scroll it
all... let alone reorganize and group the collected data into a suitable
machine-readable debian/copyright file!

I suppose the way to go is auto-generating the machine-readable
debian/copyright file.

So the question is: is there any general purpose tool that scans a
directory tree, detects the copyright notice and license of each file,
reorganizes and groups everything, and writes a machine-readable
debian/copyright file?

I found libdebian-copyright-perl [2], which is however a library and
seems to be able to read/merge/write machine-readable debian/copyright
files, without any capability to collect licensing information from
source files.

I found libconfig-model-perl [3], which includes a command-line tool,
but seems to be limited to some manipulations, again without any
data-collecting capability.

[2] http://packages.debian.org/sid/libdebian-copyright-perl
[3] http://packages.debian.org/sid/libconfig-model-perl

Am I missing anything?

Please let me know, thanks for any hint you may provide.

P.S.: I am not subscribed to debian-mentors, please Cc me on replies.
      Thanks!

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!