Re: dh machinery and module how to export only given symbol

Thanks for your quick reply:

Meanwhile, I realized that I can modify the Makefile.am itself.

Best wishes,
Jerome

On 25/08/12 07:39, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello:

I have  to build a module that exports only symbol with a given prefix:
in the pre-dh debian/rules , something as

	CFLAGS="$(cflags) -Wl,--version-script,debian/<PACAKAGENAME>.version"

was use. I cannot figure out how to proceed within the dh machinery.

With debhelper in compat 9 mode, it will set the various variables by
using dpkg-buildflags.

Thus you can use the facilities of dpkg-buildflags to extend such
variables. See man dpkg-buildflags.

export DEB_CFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND=...

This is the recommended way nowadays. But in truth, setting and exporting
variables should just work since dh will not overwrite existing
environment variables.

Cheers,