Re: Determine DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH without requiring dpkg-dev

On 07/31/2012 10:06 AM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Michael Wild <themiwi@gmail.com>, 2012-07-25, 11:50:
>>>
>>> # gcc -print-multiarch
>>> x86_64-linux-gnu
>>>
>> That's definitely better, but still not optimal since I don't want to
>> require gcc either ;-)
>
> Not only suboptimal, but most likely also wrong. :)
>
> The whole idea of multi-arch is that you can have packages of different
> architectures installed on a single system. So there's no single
> "DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH" you could query at run-time.
>
> Perhaps if you explained what exactly you're trying to do, I could give
> you a better answer. :)
>

> p.s. Not subscribed.

Well, I have a launcher script in python that launches private
executables in /usr/lib/foo/bin/. When porting to multi-arch I figured I
should put the private executables into /usrl/lib/<arch>/foo/bin, but
then realised that this is probably the wrong thing to do ;-)

Thanks for your help, though!

Michael