Re: issues with packaging Clozure Common Lisp (ccl.clozure.com) for Debian

On 17/07/12 13:28, The Fungi wrote:
> On 2012-07-17 11:38:32 +0530 (+0530), Faheem Mitha wrote:
> [...]
>> CCL requires itself to build. Since it is not currently in the
>> Debian archive, that raises the question of how this should
>> happen.
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure how much closer that's gotten to being a usable
> proposal yet. I hunted around for documentation specific to
> introducing a new self-building compiler package into Debian, but
> didn't have much luck. Hopefully one of the DDs on this list can
> point you to something slightly more appropriate.

Out of self-building compilers we have gcc compiler suite (full
bootstrap), or ada compiler specifically (which requires -1 ada to compile).

One of the recent bootstraps done, was multiarch bootstrap as outlined here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Bootstrapping

Or the mingw-w64 gcc crosscompiler, which has documented it's bootstrap:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/gcc-mingw-w64.git;a=blob;f=debian/README.source;h=697d003e76d9afe20a40556bc619cc5e30a3c0ed;hb=HEAD

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.