Re: freeze policy - open requests for sponsorship

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 08:20:20AM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Le 03/07/12 01:41, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> > On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:06:25AM -0600, Paul Wise wrote:
> >> Perhaps use wheezy-ignore for stuff that shouldn't be in wheezy?
> >
> > Isn't that completely contrary to that tag's usual meaning?
> >
> > You set it for stuff that should be in wheezy despite the bug.
> >
> > What we'd want here, is some way to convey "do not waste your time messing
> > with this bug if you care only about the next stable release".  This
> > includes unstable-only packages like gcc-snapshot.
> >

> Hi,
>
> We could agree on a usertag then, for instance:
>
> User: sponsorship-requests@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: not-for-wheezy
>
> Using sponsorship-requests@packages.debian.org as the User, we should be
> able to rearrange the default view of
> bugs.debian.org/sponsorship-requests to have the "for-wheezy" bugs on
> top (subclassified by severity) followed by the not-for-wheezy bugs.
>
> cf. http://wiki.debian.org/bugs.debian.org/usertags

FWIW, I was about to sit down and suggest almost the same thing. I think
this is a great idea.

This makes it even easier to get pending RFSs via local scripts, which
is always a good thing(tm).

> Regards, Thibaut.
>

> --

We'll just have to watch out for false tags (e.g. NEW and `for-wheezy'
shoudn't be set on the same package (at least, without consent from the
release-team, which means the package is important, which means it might
likely have a sponsor, or team interested in sponsoring the package.)

+1 for usertags.

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>
: :'  : Proud Debian Developer