Re: Moving /home of a package account, and to where?

Sven Dowideit <SvenDowideit@home.org.au> writes:
> On 02/07/12 02:03, Marc Haber wrote:

>> I am really really astonished about with which ease we hurl RC bugs at
>> packages without having thought-out alternatives.

> Would it not be better to reject the Debian QA 'suggestion' until such
> time as its documented thoroughly in the Packaging manual?

Not using /home is already documented in Debian Policy.  Marc quoted the
relevant excerpt in his original message.

It would indeed be best if everything possible was documented, but very
few people volunteer to do the work to drive changes to the documentation
through to completion.