Re: Moving /home of a package account, and to where?

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012, Marc Haber wrote:

> > > A system user's .ssh is user configuration?
> >
> > If it is intended to be manipulated by the local admin, yes, and it would
> > belong in /etc somewhere.
>
> I would call that system configuration.

I suppose, since it is system-wide.

> > No.  The real file goes in /etc, the symlink goes in /var/lib.  But you may
> > need very tight permissions in the directory that hosts these to have sshd
> > tolerate it, if it will work at all.
>
> Does sshd honor symlinks when looking for authorized_keys? I am really

Test it.

> really astonished about with which ease we hurl RC bugs at packages
> without having thought-out alternatives.

Sometimes you *really* have to do some heavy work to get something to
actually work sanely.  I've had to actually enhance upstream C code to
get it to be able to do things in a way that makes it easier to properly
package it.  Had to do it for fetchmail, Cyrus IMAPd, amavisd-new...

This is the Debian added-value.  We do what it takes to make it sane.

  Henrique Holschuh