Re: Doubt about an "old" ITP

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> The problem is that Grive is inside the process of development and they
> has published a newer version than I open the ITP for (0.1.0 -> 0.1.1).
>
> In addition, the 0.1.1 published version has some things that are
> corrected on the upstream Git repository, but not still has a version
> number (0.1.2 or 0.2.0).

Please ask upstream to tag their releases properly and upload tarballs.

> I would like to change my ITP version, but I don't know if it's possible
> to fill this field with something like "0.1.1+20120619git27g55c0f4e"...

You might want use something like the output of `git describe`.

> First question: how can I change my ITP to put the correct information?

Just send a followup mail to the bug if you need to, but that doesn't
seem needed in this case.

> Second question: can I put a upstream version number based on a git
> change set instead a "final" version?

Yes, it is better to talk upstream into making a proper release though.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise