Re: Bug archiving

On 2012-06-21 09:37, Olе Streicher wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just re-inserted a package that was removed from Debian a year ago
> (saods9), and following some recommendations, I exhumated the old bugs
> and set them to "fixed" in the new version.
>
> Shall I archive them now again manually? Or is this done somehow
> automatically?  What is this "archived" flag about?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ole

Bugs are automatically archived as soon as the "last affected version"
has been fixed (and the BTS is not "confused"[1]).
  I recommend using the bug page for the package;  click "Toggle all
extra information" and find the bug - if the bug will auto-archive it
will have a "Can be archived in X days".

~Niels

[1] Happen in cases like "fixed version" == "found version"  or if
binNMU versions have been used.