Re: How to build GCJ/GDC ?

Hello Igor,

On 08/06/12 22:18, Игорь Пашев wrote:
> I'd like to make custom build of GCJ.
>
> Here is a source package page:
> http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/gcj-4.7
>
> but the VCS URL is for GCC.
>
> I've already built GCC and know all that package (gcc-4.7) well.
> And now I wonder how to use it to build GCJ.
>
> Should I put into root dir tarball of GCJ sources instead of GCC?

The gcc/gcj/ada/etc packaging is rather interesting. The VCS URL should
point to an svn repository which, after updating debian/changelog and
debian/control can build a few source packages for bootstrapping the gcc
toolchain, including the gcj.

If you just want to rebuild gcj, use apt-get source gcj-4.7
If you want to contribute to gcj packaging, prepare to learn a lot of
funky Makefile magic of the whole gcc packaging (cc is 'compiler
collection' which includes the gcj compiler)

There should be a README.source in the repository or similar explaining
a little bit how that packaging machinery works.

It is not a trivial package by any means.

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.