Re: RFR: cairosvg -- SVG converter based on Cairo

* Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at>, 2012-06-07, 18:09:
The CLI script /usr/bin/cairosvg works with both py2 and py3 versions of the cairosvg package, so I moved it to a separate -common package. Any comments on how to handle this in a saner/better way or if this is already the correct way are especially appreciated.

No, it's not really correct. /usr/bin/cairosvg has currently #!/usr/bin/python2.7 (sic!) shebang, so it won't work out-of-the box if only python-ciarosvg is installed.

I would recommend you to get rid of the -common package and use alternatives to manage /usr/bin/cairosvg symlink, that would point either to #!/usr/bin/python or #!/usr/bin/python3 script.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cairosvg/cairosvg_0.4.3-1.dsc

Re fix_setup.patch, what was wrong with the original code?

Some dependencies are missing:

$ python -c 'import cairosvg'
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cairosvg/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
      from . import surface
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cairosvg/surface/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
      import cairo
ImportError: No module named cairo

--
Jakub Wilk