Re: How to build a source tarball that includes symbolic links?

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:19:05 +0200
David Lindelöf <lindelof@ieee.org> wrote:

> As a *really temporary* workaround, is there a way I could have the
> build system copy over the files to their proper locations, just for
> building the package? And then delete them and reinstate the symbolic
> links?

Yes, in a Makefile you could do something like this:

pre-package:
        rm CppUTest
        mkdir CppUTest
        ln ../../CppUTest/* CppUTest/
        # or cp if they're on a different file system or if you
        # want to handle recursive directories easily (cp -r)

post-package:
        rm -r CppUTest
        ln -s ../../CppUTest CppUTest