Re: RFS: ncmpcpp (updated package)

Hi Benoît,

Thanks for your review. Comments below:

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 3:22 AM, Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org> wrote:
  - In debian/changelog, you mention updating the standards version, but
   not the changes required; if there wasn't any, you should mention
   that in the changelog.

   Also, the paths to the last two patches are wrong (missing the
   "patches" directory).

   You could also have sub-items for the "New upstream release" entry,
   detailing which bugs are fixed (right now, it looks like the three
   bugs are duplicates, and one doesn't know what they correspond to).

Fixed.

 - Have you forwarded the patches upstream?

Not yet, as I would like to get the package uploaded ASAP. But I will forward to upstream.

 - It would be great if you could use hardening flags [1], as it's a
   release goal for wheezy [2]; given the fact that ncmpcpp handles
   network data, it seems like a prime candidate.

   [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening
   [2] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/SecurityHardeningBuildFlags

   Using generic debhelper compat 9 would enable hardening flags
   automatically.

Fixed by bumping package to debhelper compat 9.

 - In the man page ncmpcpp(1), CONFIGURATION appears to be a subsection
   of OPTIONS, which is probably a mistake.

Added a patch to fix this.

 - Please consider using the DEP-5 format [3] for debian/copyright.

   [3] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

Fixed. I also updated copyright dates and holders (basically removed some because grepping their name in the source code didn't give any result anymore).

Update package available here:
- dget http://debian.fensalir.fr/ncmpcpp/ncmpcpp_0.5.10-1.dsc

Thanks,
Damien