Re: RFS: jquery-jplayer/2.1.0-1

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Damien Raude-Morvan
<drazzib@drazzib.com> wrote:
> Le dimanche 13 mai 2012 03:43:14, Pau Garcia i Quiles a écrit :
>> > - You use tarball-in-tarball approch with a
>> > jQuery.jPlayer.2.1.0.source.zip into your
>> > jquery-jplayer_2.1.0.orig.tar.gz. I'm not sure this is useful for this
>> > simple package : you should just repack upstream to an
>> > orig.tar.{gz,bz2}. This is easier for code review and for applying
>> > patches.
>>
>> AFAIK it's not possible to repack a .zip file while preserving
>> timestamps, permissions, etc. That's why I'm packaging the .zip inside
>> the .orig.tar.gz.
>
> Since you provide a debian/watch file, you should try "uscan --repack" : it
> will download your upstream ZIP file and repack it to a correct debian orig.tar
> format (default: gz) while preserving timestamp and permission (IIRC).

That worked great! I've added a note about the repack in README.source
and got rid of the unzip in rules.

> I understand that .fla file is useful for people running Adobe tools but it's
> really look like a binary blob :) => largely undocumented, no free software
> tool in main to edit... You should at least document those facts into
> debian/copyright or debian/README.source to ease reviewing of your package by
> FTP Masters.

I've added a note in README.source

A new version of the packaging, hopefull the final one, is available
from mentors:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jquery-jplayer/jquery-jplayer_2.1.0-1.dsc

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles