Re: is wheezy frozen already?

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I notice that packages have not been taken from the queue for 3 weeks:
>
>   http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Freezes and NEW are mostly unrelated.

> Is wheezy now frozen already?

No

> Are people just wasting their time preparing packages that are going to be passed over?

Packages that don't make it into unstable before the freeze won't make
it into wheezy, but that doesn't mean they are "passed over", they
just have to wait for the next release or for wheezy-backports to be
open.

> There is no official statement about this on the mentors site or this
> mailing list for example, but Google finds a few unofficial
> announcements on various mailing lists advising that a freeze is imminent

The release team usually makes their statements on d-d-a, not
-mentors. Their latest mail states that the freeze is "due in June",
sounds imminent to me :)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/01/msg00009.html

--
bye,