Re: NMU and delayed

On 04/13/2012 08:00 AM, Tobias Frost wrote:
Am Freitag, den 13.04.2012, 01:39 +0400 schrieb Michael Tokarev:
On 13.04.2012 01:08, Tomasz Muras wrote:
Hello,

A Debian developer has uploaded a NMU (moodle 1.9.9.dfsg2-5.1) to DELAYED/7-DAY [1]. I have incorporated his changes, and added a new release (moodle 1.9.9.dfsg2-6) - the changelog now looks like [2].
Is there any reason I should wait for that NMU to get processed in DELAYED queue? Or can I go ahead and upload a newer package with his and my changes?

You can actually ask the developer who uploaded that NMU.
And I guess he gave you some information about this, too.

But, without actually looking at the provided links, I can
say that usually an NMU which is uploaded into DELAYED queue
especially gives the actual maintainer some time to catch up.
Ie, if you can incorporate the changes and upload new version
faster, just go ahead and do it.  Provided the DELAYED queue
wasn't choosen due to some other reason, -- in which case
the developer who uploaded it there will know better for sure,
again...

> You do not need to wait for the NMU.
> If you upload a newer version before the DELAY expires, the NMU is
> automatically cancelled.

Thanks for all the answers, I've uploaded updated package and NMU from the DELAYED queue got rejected because of the older version. I have kept the changelog entry from the NMU upload but what I didn't realize is that bugs closed by previous (NUM) changelog entry will not be closed automatically - so I had to close them manually.

cheers,
Tomek