Re: l18n?

Thibaut Paumard <mlotpot.news@free.fr> writes:
> At most, I would split the package in an arch-dependent and an
> arch-independent package, and that's assuming ds9 has even more arch
> indep data than just those messages (say, if the data reaches ~2MB).

In my case, the architecture independent data (in /usr/share) are really
quite large: ~10 MB. However, most of this (~ 7MB) goes into the html
help (containing many images --> bad compression), which is more-or-less
indepenendent of the package itself. Therefore, I am planning to
separate the documentation into a saods9-doc package and make the saods9
package dependend on the -doc.

Would this be reasonable? I would allow a (usable) installation of the
documentation without the need to install the whole package (and its
dependency nightmare) - for whatever reason one would need this.

Regards

Ole