Re: Advice on use of patch system while hacking

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 16:12 -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 01/04/2012 16:01, Ross Boylan a écrit :
> > What's the best way to work with a dpatch-based package developing code
>
> Why not just moving away from that deprecated tool and use 3.0 (quilt)
> format instead?
>
> 	https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/08/msg00380.html
>
> Regards
>
> David

It's not my package, and for reasons of courtesy to the maintainer and
(I thought) minimizing work for myself I didn't want to make any
unncessary changes.

Also, from what I could tell, quilt would pose similar challenges.

Ross

P.S. I'm doing the work in a testing/wheezy chroot.