Re: Automatic maintenance of the file .symbols for libraries

* Innocent De Marchi <tangram.peces@gmail.com> [120401 09:11]:
> I have adopted a package with a library [0]. It must be frequently
> updating the package to update the symbols file
> Strikes me that the file .symbols not be generated automatically when
> in compiling the package: Is it not possible that the compilation of
> the package system will generate the updated file? This would save
> much work and constant updates.
> Whats your opinion?

The symbols file cannot be generated automatically as no computer
program can decide what the contents should be. It needs a human to
know which symbols changed ABI and which did not. (The only think a
computer program can do is check if symbols vanish or if new
symbols appeared).

        Bernhard R. Link