Re: qemubuilder - are there precompiled kernel-images with ipv6 and ext3 support built-in

Hi Björn,

Björn Esser wrote:
> Are there any precompiled kernels for qemubuilder which have built-in
> support for ipv6 and ext3 (and probably other nifty stuff) available?
>
> Even better would be precompiled kernels which use the same
> configuration as the debian buildd-network.
>
> I did some research on the w³ and found nothing but out-dated stuff or
> kernels without support for these built-in. Even the kernel images
> provided by aurel32 [1] were not really suitable or didn't work at all.
>
> Or do I really have to compile the kernel-images myself?

Can't you just grab and unpack one of the prebuilt debian kernels from
the archive? qemubuilder can load an initrd image, so even if ipv6 and
ext3 are not built-in, it should work just fine.

> I need the images for testing package build on other than x86 / amd64
> arches.

If you don't have other architectures available, you could just have
your package uploaded and see if it fails to build. If it does, you'll
have access to the full log, and then you can ask on one of the
dedicated mailing lists; I'm sure there are developers with access to
those machines who'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht