Question about menus

Hi,

I am trying to change some things in the wmaker package menu. Now the "root" menu is something like:

Applications->
Help->
Workspace->
Run...
Exit

In the Application submenu are included the Debian menu categories.

Editors->
Graphics->
Terminals->
Tools->

This menu is generated using the wmaker menu-method. I understand all, no problem.

My question is, what do you think about move the contents of the Applications to the "root" menu?

Editors->
Graphics->
Terminals->
Tools->
Help->
Workspace->
Run...
Exit

And, in this case, how I do it? I read some things about the Debian Menu System, but in the functions (http://www.linux-cd.com.ar/manuales/debian-menu/ch7.html), I couldn't find nothing to remove "Applications/" from the menu files. parent() and basename() functions returns the "left" part of the section, and stripdir() removes the subsections. how I can do it?

Thanks.

kix