Re: Mentors upload authentication

]] Michael Gilbert

> In this case, I think it would be possible to use ssh public keys as
> that authentication.  The process would be:

This seems overly complex, why not just have the user put all those
files in a well-known location on alioth (or some other host) and have
the mentors code download and DTRT with that bunch of files.

As for removing non-distributable files, that's not something we're
going to entrust to another team, any such removal requests will go
through admin@alioth.

[...]

> > Just to be clear, alioth is not a regular debian.org machine.  It isn't
> > admined by the same team, accounts are not handled in the same way,
> > and privileged groups on Debian machines have no special privilege on
> > alioth machines.
>
> I understand that, but I don't see how that has to do with the DMUP,
> which is a usage policy intended for debian machines of which alioth
> is one.  Otherwise, it seems like it fine to misuse alioth in ways
> that violate the DMUP, but not any other machine.

That a machine is not subject to agreement to the DMUP does not mean any
other use of said machine is ok.

--
Tollef Fog Heen