Re: sponsorship-requests and orphaned status

Hi !

On 08/02/12 05:04, Dean Evans wrote:
On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 04:40:40 +0100
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>  wrote:

Hello List:

On 08/02/12 03:42, Michael Gilbert wrote:
Nevertheless, when the involved package is orphaned,
it would be a good idea to change its status to reflect the fact
it is indeed orphaned, but also on the way to be adopted:
a kind of limbo status.

Do you mean something like:
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/orphaned_byage

Anyone can adopt an orphaned package.  Just put some work into it
and send a bug to sponsorship-requests.

I did, but my package has not been yet sponsored:
somehow `my' package has been already adopted, but it is still
orphaned: something marking this kind of temporary situation should
exist, and you be good for Debian and the adopter.

Cheers,
Jerome

You should use the existing wnpp bug report #525921 to state your
intention to adopt instead of creating a new one. Please add a note to
#525921 that you are intending to adopt the package, retitle it from O:
to ITA: as described here [0][1] and you can also set your self
as the owner of the bug report as well if you like.

[0] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

done

You should also add [ITA] to the subject line of your RFS bug report as
well, as described here [2].

I will for the next intend.
For this one, is there a way to add [ITA] ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Mentors/BTS

Hopefully you will find a sponsor soon.