RE: RFS: burp -- A cross platform network backup and restore program.

Van: Bartosz Feński [mailto:bartosz@fenski.pl]
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 februari 2012 21:20
Aan: Bas van den Dikkenberg
CC: Daniel Martí; debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Onderwerp: Re: RFS: burp -- A cross platform network backup and restore program.

W dniu 07.02.2012 15:51, Bas van den Dikkenberg pisze:

Three uploads,

The initial, the one you gave some comments.

Today a second one, then I notisid that there was no watch file so created one en uploaded a new version.

Did you try to build it under pbuilder/cowbuilder?

No i didn’t i run dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -kC9710323

To build without a problem

I tried, without success.

Starting tests
Server output log: /tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/logs/server-system.log
Server system log: /tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/logs/server-output.log
       Client log: /tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/logs/client.log
        Bedup log: /tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/logs/bedup.log
         Diff log: /tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/logs/diff.log
More logs can be found in:
/tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test/target/var/spool/burp/testclient/<backup number>

Starting test server

Test 1
First backup/restore comparison
Starting test client backup

Test failed: client backup returned 127

Killing test server
./run_test: line 37: kill: (2420) - No such process
make[2]: *** [test] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0/test'
make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/burp-1.3.0'
dh_auto_test: make -j1 test returned exit code 2
make: *** [build] Error 29
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

This has to be fixed before we're going to upload it to the archive.

I understand but it doesn’t do it at my sight what kind pro are you running

Other things around debian/* files.

TODO - I suppose it's upstream TODO, not yours, so remove it.
README - the same, we don't have to include info how to build the package... you're trying to include built package, right?

Will remove them

init.d / init.d.DEBIAN what's that?

The init.d  is overwriten bye build script I can’t find where so made init.d.DEBIAN and made a entry in rules to overwrite the init file .

changelog - we've got new lintian warning ;)

W: burp: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-date

Oke I will do

Really start using dch tool ;)

postinst / postrm seem to be to unnecessary too

control:
 Burp is a backup and restore program.
It uses librsync in order to save onr

*onr* looks like a typo, everything else looks like good example to be proofreaded by native English speakers. debian-i18n@lists.debian.org is good place to ask for such proofreading.

rules:

Please check if these overrides are really necessary, this one looks strange for me:

override_dh_auto_configure:
        ./configure

dh_auto_configure basically does this + --prefix=something

overrid_dh_fixperms:

You've just changed permissions of all files to be world readable.
I guess upstream wanted them to be private for some reason.

Consult with it what are the correct permissions and if they have to be 600 then add lintian override file and not make them world readable only to make lintian happy.

regards
fEnIo

Bas