Bug#658432: RFS: xeji [ITA] -- Yet Another Follow the Mouse X demo
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
tags 658432 +moreinfo +wontfix
On 02.02.2012 23:45, Daniel Martí wrote:
> dget -x
First let me point out, I don't see much reasons to upload this
package to Debian (not that I could anyway). It was orphaned and
should rather be removed than uploaded. You even say yourself your
primary purpose is to learn packaging , hence I'd suggest you to
pick a package you really care for instead.
The package you picked has a low popcon  no reverse dependencies
and seems generally not helpful at all. That said, if you really want
to maintain this package that's up to you. Here is a review:
* You modified the orig.tar.gz tarball somehow:
$ md5sum deb-version/xeji_1.2.orig.tar.gz
That's not acceptable, especially since the tarball was already
uploaded to Debian archives. Thus, you are not allowed to change the
tarball anymore, once it was uploaded without pushing a new upstream
Feel free to remove the "wontfix" tag once you addressed the tarball
issue. Everything else is of lower importance.
* debian/compat 6 is somewhat outdated these days. Joey released
debehelper 9 just recently. Note, using compat 6 is not a tragedy, but
you would profit from using compat 7 or higher a lot.
* The synopsis line of the package is not really helpful (yet another
<whatever> does not help anyone) and does not match our guidelines .
* You use the old copyright format, consider upgrading to DEP-5
instead (that's optional of course).
* Why do you install manpages manually in debian/rules? You should use
dh_installman instead. This makes both, the install rule and the
"dirs" file unneeded.
* You should use the short dh form. Check  and dh(1) for examples.
Most people consider the old-style debhelper form deprecated. While
you are it, remove the source and diff targets. They are obsolete
since ages it appears.
* The package breaks the hardening release goal . See  to learn
how to apply hardening flags.
* Since you upgraded to 3.0/quilt there is no point to add manpages as
a patch anymore. Just put the file into debian/ and install it as I
* patches/xeji_c.patch misses an appropriate DEP-3 header (that's
* Don't override I: and W: tags in Lintian. Moreover, note your
explanation for overriding
"copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl" is wrong.
That's not what the tag is about.
* Remove the README.Debian file. The URL is dead and its information
is redundant to debian/copyright.
with kind regards,
IRC: daemonkeeper on Freenode/OFTC
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x9D80F36D
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----