Re: RFS: frei0r-plugins (upstream 1.3)

Hi Jaromil,

On 09.03.2011 12:03, Jaromil wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.3 of package
> "frei0r-plugins" for which i'm upstream maintainer and debian package
> uploader.

frei0r is involved in the currently ongoing opencv transition [1]. It
FTBFS [2] and thus blocks this transition. It either needs to be updated
or removed from testing.

I rather see the package fixed then removed, so I'm willing to sponsor
the package. I had a quick look at the package from mentors.d.n [3].

A couple of points you should address:
* As already mentioned, bug #459940 is a LP bug, please mark it as such,
i.e (LP: #459940)
* The new upstream release closes #652759 and the rebuild addresses
#657942, so add those to the changelog please
* The doc package was dropped, but I can't find a single line in the
changelog why that happened. Was that a mistake? If not, please document
this change.
* You removed some coflicts/replaces, but didn't document why. Please
fix that.
* You ship a debian-changes-1.3 patch, which creates ~/.gbp.conf.
debian/gbp.conf might be more suitable.
* You need to address #583787.
  licensecheck can help you get a overview, even if it has a few false
positives due to incomplete or non-standard license/copyright headers.

Please ping me (via CC) when you have an updated package ready.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/opencv.html
[2] http://mentors.debian.net/package/frei0r