Re: Matching mono architectures in d/control

David

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM, David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:00:01 +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> [..]

>> > Since mono 2.10.1-2 there is /usr/share/mono/mono-archs.make which
>> > includes 2 variables:
>> > DEB_MONO_ARCHS and DEB_MONO_SGEN_ARCHS which can be used to get a list
>> > of all mono arches.
>> >
>> > [..]
>
> Probably Mirco forgot to say it (or I just can't see the reason for including
> the "mono arches" in packages of software developed in Mono languages) but...
> aren't CIL packages intended to be Arch:all ?

GDCM is one of those weird package where there is a single source
package with mono binding among binary package. You need to compile
binary dependant 'glue' code to get the binding.
Technically I could split the binary -cil package into -cil (Arch:all)
and -cli-glue if that makes more sense...but then the problem remains
exactly the same for the -cli-glue package.

When the source package *only* contains the cli binding, it is easy to
specify B-D on mono-devel (gdkglue is in this case). In my case I need
to !arch where mono is not available and then later on explicitly
specify Arch where -cil package should be built.

Hoping to be clear :)
--
Mathieu