Re: sponsorship-requests

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Jerome BENOIT <jgmb65@rezozer.net> wrote:

>>> Is there already any howto ro document about it ?
>>

>> About what? Pseudo-packages or mentors.debian.net?
>>

> I know what both are, but it is not clear to me how this pseudo-package is
> involved ?
>
> In practice, how does a request for sponsorship appear at
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sponsorship-requests;dist=unstable
>
> ?
>
> Jerome

I'm CC'ing the list again, because I think this is worthwhile to
everyone (and to the archives, so we can give people a link)

You email your report in like anything else, and assign it the
severity that matches --

Wishlist for NEW packages
Normal for regular sponsored uploads
Important for RC-critical stuff

(someone correct me if this is wrong)

After that, a sponsor can pick up the ticket and manage it through the
BTS, rather then having to use mentors.debian.net - it's a lot easier
to keep track of what's been uploaded then looking at our mail
archives, since some sponsors will take reviews off-list, and upload
without CC'ing the original mail.

This way a sponsor can close the bug when it's been uploaded (or
perhaps a mentor bot eventually)

HTH,
Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq