Re: RFS: libicns

[Not sure if you are subscribed, so I am CCing you. I'm subscribed, no
need for a CC]

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Mathew Eis wrote:

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libi/libicns/libicns_0.8.0-1.dsc

You are missing the debian/changelog entry (and probably the other
changes) from the NMU:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/libi/libicns/news/20110627T064734Z.html
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-maintainer

>From the bug log, it looks like #635952 should be closed with this
upload? If so please update debian/changelog.

How about fixing #643316? Looks like that would be very simple.

Please run tagpending from devscripts so that all the pending bugs are
tagged properly before an RFS. You will need to give the command an
MTA to send mail through though.

The latest Standards-Version is 3.9.2, please check the upgrading
checklist and do any needed changes.

/usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz

Have you considered a debian/rules file using the dh sequencer from
debhelper 7? See the dh manual page for examples.

You might want to run wrap-and-sort -s on the control file.

The debian/watch file uses .+ while I would suggest \d\.[\d\.]+
instead (or whatever your version number policy is).

You might want to consider DEP-5 for the copyright file:

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

The upstream NEWS file is empty, from the contents of ChangeLog I
guess it should be renamed to NEWS and svn2cl employed to generate a
proper ChangeLog.

Is the copyright holder for samples/* documented in debian/changelog?
Personally for this sort of software I don't recommend keeping samples
in the package.

Please review and update the debtags:

http://debtags.debian.net/rep/todo/maint/mathew@eisbox.net#libicns

Please add a screenshot of typical usage of icnsutils:

http://screenshots.debian.net/package/icnsutils

One GCC warning:

icns2png.c: In function 'ExtractAndDescribeIconFamily':
icns2png.c:538:6: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

lintian complaints:

W: libicns source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
W: libicns source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep
W: libicns source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.9.1 (current is 3.9.2)
E: libicns-dev: non-empty-dependency_libs-in-la-file usr/lib/libicns.la

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise