Re: Flash in debian

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont@googlemail.com> wrote:
> We are not just talking about running here.
> people need to have the freedom to change the code, and not be tied to
> some vendor.

For Debian Main, not non-free.

> we need to have all the sources needed to be able to compile all the
> tools needed to change the code.

the flash game might be free. It could be the case that this can live
in contrib.

> I will not support any debian package that can only be changed on
> windows with some adobe software.

Me neither. Please read section 5 of the Debian social contract[1]

And I quoth:

We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of works that do
not conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have created
contrib and non-free areas in our archive for these works.

> I hope that is clear, this idea will not get far. Proprietary software
> has very short legs around here.

Not in Non-free. Also, he never said anything about the flash being
proprietary.