Re: Subject: RFS: qjoypad

I don't intend to sponsor this, but here is a review:

Patch stuff is fugly.

The package FTBFS in pbuilder, I think you want dh --buildsystem=qmake
and a build-dep on libxtst-dev.

debian/README.source doesn't appear to be true.

Please ask upstream to remove the bogus configure file or fix it so it works.

Upstream README.txt contains installation/requirements info, please
get them to split that out into README.install.

How about a longtitle and icon in debian/menu?

Please forward the manual page and desktop file upstream.

You might want to get upstream to install the application icon to:

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/<res>/apps/qjoypad.png

If you do that, then the Icon field in the .desktop file should read
Icon=qjoypad (notice no absolute path and no extension).

You can remove all the comments and blank lines from debian/watch.

According to tineye.com, the first image (gamepad{1,2}-*x*.png) is on
a number of websites, so I doubt the qjoypad authors created it or
have permission to use it. The second one doesn't seem to be from the
web but I guess the same applies.

http://www.tineye.com/search/ba8b24f1e22dbfcfb9b4f2da7eb32654f42233b8/

The Vcs-Browser URL gives me a redirect.

lintian complaints to fix:

P: qjoypad source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
I: qjoypad source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template
P: qjoypad: no-upstream-changelog

A warning from qmake to forward upstream:

WARNING: doc.path is not defined: install target not created

Some warnings from GCC to forward upstream:

error.h:8:13: warning: 'void error(QString, QString)' defined but not
used [-Wunused-function]
error.h:21:13: warning: 'void debug_mesg(...)' defined but not used
[-Wunused-function]
joypad.cpp:251:6: warning: unused parameter 'fd' [-Wunused-parameter]
layout_edit.cpp: In member function 'void LayoutEdit::setLayout(QString)':
layout_edit.cpp:105:42: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
main.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
main.cpp:150:49: warning: suggest braces around empty body in an 'if'
statement [-Wempty-body]

--
bye,
pabs