Re: RFS: libpam-abl , bug fix , package is already in Debian

* Alex Mestiashvili <alex@biotec.tu-dresden.de>, 2012-01-16, 20:16:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libp/libpam-abl/libpam-abl_0.4.2-2.dsc
The changelog says "debian/control added DM-Upload-Allowed", but 0.4.2-1 had already this field.

What do you mean by "other architectures" (in the patch header)?

Hi Jakub ,

It failed to built on many archs -
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libpam-abl
With this patch it suppose to be better , but I agree that the description sounds ambiguous.
I've uploaded a new version with the corrected description .

Assuming that the patch header was meant to follow DEP-3, then please note that the Description field is supposed to be like Description in debian/control: there are two parts, short and long one (though the latter is optional).

But let's go to more important things. This:

	printf(PAD "%s (%lu)\n", buf, (unsigned long)data.size / sizeof(time_t));

is surely better than:

	printf(PAD "%s (%ld)\n", buf, (long int)data.size / sizeof(time_t));

(which you had in the previous version). But to be pedantically correct, it really should be:

	printf(PAD "%s (%zu)\n", buf, (size_t)data.size / sizeof(time_t));

I also modified changelog such a way that line "debian/control added DM-Upload-Allowed" appears in the correct section , but I have some doubts if it is ok to edit old changelog sections .

That's fine with me.

--
Jakub Wilk