Re: Package fails to build on i386 with "undefined reference to"

[Peter Samuelson]
> What appears to be happening is that "config.h" wants to define some
> stuff that affects how the off_t data type is interpreted, but this
> fails to happen if you include certain system headers before you define
> the LFS symbols (I'm talking about the _LARGE_FILES and _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
> at the bottom of config.h.in).

Forgot to mention: this same issue can cause more insidious bugs that
may not be caught at link time.  You probably want to audit every
source file to ensure that, if it includes any system headers, it first
includes "config.h", directly or indirectly.  See GBase.h for a good
example where this is done correctly.

Peter