Re: How to handle software which needs huge modification when packaging for Debian

Hi!

Am 17.01.2012 02:55, schrieb Adam Borowski:

> Even binaries that don't have their sources in this package but are
> shipped somewhere else in Debian are ok.

Sorry, but written that way it is wrong.. Or at least could be
interpreted wrong.  For _everything_ Debian ships in main we must have
the corresponding source code.  That means unless you are really,
really, really sure, that your binary in package a is really build with
sources from package b it's not okay. (Some packages build on a specific
foo-source package and therefore use an other packages sources, that's
tricky but okay.)

Best regards,
  Alexander