Re: How to test the presence of packages ?

----- Mail original -----
De: "Michael Shuler" <michael@pbandjelly.org>
À: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Envoyé: Mardi 3 Janvier 2012 18:44:42
Objet: Re: How to test the presence of packages ?

On 01/03/2012 11:38 AM, fred0a@free.fr wrote:
> What's the way to take, to test the presence of a list of packages
> and to install one package or more in case where none are already
> installed ?

This is handled by declaring package relationships via Depends:,
Recommends:, etc.

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Yes, I already reads this page but it does not answer to my problem.
Here an example of what I want:

Test if package1, package2, package3 and package4 is installed.
* If one of this list is already iinstalled then do nothing.
* If none is installed then install package2 and package3 for example.