DMUA, again.

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:58:39 +0700, Mahyuddin Susanto <udienz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gkamus".
>
>  * Package name    : gkamus
>    Version         : 1.0-1
>    Upstream Author : Ardhan Madras <ajhwb@knac.com>, Firmansyah
> <leonard_gimsong@yahoo.com>

Hi, nothing personal about this package or maintainer, but I have to
state again that in my opinion it is almost never correct to upload a
package for the first time with DMUA set, and certainly never correct to
do so for a maintainer that the uploader does not know well. My
interpretation of the DM structure is that the DD doing the upload needs
to assess the DM's ability to maintain *that particular package*. I can
(maybe) imagine that being possible for a maintainer that the DD knows,
and package similar to other packages already maintained by that
maintainer, but I am puzzled by generic requests for sponsorship with
DMUA: yes.

David