Re: RFS: nbc (2nd try)

Hi Slavko,

Slavko wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "nbc".
>
>  * Package name    : nbc
>    Version         : 1.2.1.r4-2
>    Upstream Author : John Hansen <bricxcc@comcast.net>
>  * URL             : http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/
>  * License         : Mozilla Public Lecense version 1.1
>    Section         : electronics
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
> nbc   - language to program the NXT bricks

Here's a quick review of your package:

  - lintian complains a bit:
      P: nbc source: unversioned-copyright-format-uri http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5
      I: nbc: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/nbc writeable writable
      I: nbc: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/nbc writeable writable
      N: 2 tags overridden (2 warnings)

  - You're not closing an ITP bug [1], although there's an RFP bug open
    already [2].

    [1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
    [2] http://bugs.debian.org/518230

    You should rename that bug "ITP: nbc -- ...", become its owner, and
    close it in your debian/changelog.

  - I think your short description should include the word "Lego"; "NXT
    brick" didn't ring a bell, but knowing it's a programable thing by
    Lego made me realize what it was.

  - Why don't you install the udev rule as a udev rule, instead of
    documentation? dh_installudev can take care of it.
    If you decide to keep installing it as documentation, list it in
    debian/docs rather than debian/install.

  - It would be easier having the man page as a file in debian/, rather
    than creating it with a patch.
    Also, it seems you didn't write that man page, but this isn't
    reflected in debian/copyright. You should find out which license
    applies to it.

  - You've chosen the GPL for your packaging, but it's incompatible with
    the MPL; would you consider using the MPL, or a less restrictive
    license such as Expat?

  - The copyright and license of the following files is unclear, and
    isn't properly documented in debian/copyright:
      GIFImage.pas
      png/pngextra.pas
      png/pngimage.pas
      png/pnglang.pas