Re: uscan, watch files, and gihub tags

On 12/19/2011 01:55 PM, Scott Howard wrote:
> Since your title said "github tags," I think you're looking for:
> http://githubredir.debian.net/
>
> The source code is there if you're not on github.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Hi Scott, thanks for your quick answer. I'm now cross-posting in -mentors.

In my case, upstream tagged "master/1.3", and I'm getting issues still,
with uscan.

zigo@node4407:~/sources/xen-api/xen-api$ cat debian/watch
version=3
http://githubredir.debian.net/github/jonludlam/xen-api (.*).tar.gz

but then, I have the following error:

zigo@node4407:~/sources/xen-api/xen-api$ uscan --verbose --report
-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   http://githubredir.debian.net/github/jonludlam/xen-api (.*).tar.gz
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     /github/jonludlam/xen-api/0~master.tar.gz
     /github/jonludlam/xen-api/master/1.3.tar.gz
dpkg: warning: version '/master/1.3' has bad syntax: version number does
not start with digit
Newest version on remote site is /master/1.3, local version is 1.3
dpkg: warning: version '/master/1.3' has bad syntax: version number does
not start with digit
 => Newer version available from
    http://githubredir.debian.net/github/jonludlam/xen-api/master/1.3.tar.gz
-- Scan finished

FYI, I really am packaging version 1.3, so uscan should find out that I'm
up-to-date.

I tried to poke with opts="uversionmangle=s/^master\///" to remove "master/"
from the version of upstream git repo, but no luck... Upstream is
friendly, so
I can ask to remove the annoying bits of the versions, but there's already 9
packages involved, so I'd be glad to find a solution keeping upstream
scheme,
that would be less work and forcing "git push/pull --force --tags" to
everyone
working on the project is annoying.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)