Re: RFS: php-xml-beautifier

Hi!

On Friday, December 09, 2011 09:15:54 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 12/09/2011 08:46 PM, Mathias Ertl wrote:
> > I already joined the mailinglist there and enjoy the spam that comes in
> > there every day ;-). I did however file a join-request on their Alioth
> > homepage. I can only hope they approve the request.
>
> I'd suggest sending a private mail to the admins of the project.

I am sorry to say that so far I have received no response.

> >> Last, why did you choose GPL-3+ for your packaging work, when upstream
> >> has chosen a more relaxed BSD 2 clause?
> >
> > Because I think its a good license. Is that a problem? I am happy to
> > choose something different or the same as the package, if there are any
> > customs or conventions I am not aware about.
>
> There's no problems per say, I believe everyone is free to release the work
> it does in Debian in the license of its choice if it's DFSG free, but I
> just feel
> weird to have just a few files needed for the packaging to be more
> restrictive
> than the ones from the original authors itself.
>
> Said in another way: your choice of licensing is legally valid inside
> Debian,
> but it wouldn't be mine. I'd adopt the license of upstream, especially
> if it's
> the BSD license. IMHO, software with multiple licenses are a pain when
> writing debian/copyright files.

Ok, So I will leave it at that in the hopes that it won't stop anybody from
sponsoring the package.

> > That being said, I still look for a sponsor for that package! ;-)
>
> Please ping me in few days if I didn't get time to review again and nobody
> else stood up (I'm going to sleep now, I'm too tired to start packaging
> reviews ...).

Nobody else stood up, so I'm pinging you again! :-). I am still looking for a
sponsor of the package. For easy reference, here is the git-repo:
	https://git.fsinf.at/apt/php-xml-beautifier
... here is the package on mentors:
	http://mentors.debian.net/package/php-xml-beautifier
and you can check it out with this command:
	dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-xml-
beautifier/php-xml-beautifier_1.2.2-1.dsc

greetings, Mati

--
me on twitter: @mathiasertl | soup: http://soup.er.tl
I only read plain-text mail!  I prefer signed/encrypted mail!